Jay Jay is a small blue and red jet airliner.
Jay Jay is just the right combination of unquenchable curiosity and high-octane energy. He gets excited about new things and there is never a dull moment with Jay Jay. And there's never anything mean-spirited about this young plane (about six years old in human terms and is in first grade). He's as playful, fun loving, likable, friendly and outgoing as a kid can be. When it comes to friendships, Jay Jay is true blue.
All episodes except "The Merit Badge", is seen in cameo in "Snuffy's Missing Friend", only at the beginning of "The Great Tarrytown Blackout", and only seen at the beginning at "Tuffy's Trip to Pangabula".
Jay Jay appears to be based on an Airbus A318.
Jay Jay is light-skinned, has light blue eyes and freckles. He is painted royal blue with lighter blue bottom halves on his wings and tailfins, and has two red stripes on either side of his roof. His jets are golden and are outlined with red rings. His wheels are black with silver hubcaps, and held together with gold bolts.
- When the Model Series was first pitched Jay Jay was already blue in the original pilot models however because the crew at the time were only using bluescreens they made Jay Jay brown for the first tape then when they got greenscreen for the second tape they made an episode where Jay Jay would turn brown to blue so the change would be authentic
- The only episode that Jay Jay did not appear in was "The Merit Badge" whereas he appeared for a brief moment but did not speak in "Snuffy's Missing Friend". He also had less than a minute onscreen in "The Great Tarrytown Blackout".
- He also had speaking parts in some episodes.
- His good friend is Lina in the mystery series.
- In the mystery series, his face model resembles Ellen DeGeneres's facial appearance.
- Whenever Jay Jay was present in the Model Series, the oboe was played.
- It is said that when voiced by Derryberry, Jay Jay sounds like Jimmy Neutron & Tad, two characters she has voiced